At Assuria, we place you first. As such, we value your suggestions and feedback so that we can only improve on our services and products, allowing us better ways of serving you.
In compliance with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Standard and the Act No. 17 of 2016, Insurance Act 2016, our Companies Assuria Life (GY) Inc. and Assuria General (GY) Inc. have appointed an internal Ombudsman.
Who is an Ombudsman?
An official appointed to investigate individuals’ complaints against a company. This person will be charged with representing the interests of the public by investigating and addressing complaints related to our services and products or breach/violation of rights. The Ombudsman will operate in the interest of clients/public.
Who can make a complaint?
Any client of our Companies who feels that there is a breach/ violation of their rights in relation to the services and products provided to them by our Companies.
What are the functions of the Ombudsman?
- To investigate complaints against the Companies from clients having requested or received services from the Companies.
- To implement and oversee the complaint procedures, including maintenance of an insurer-wide log detailing the complaints received and the resolutions.
- Acting in the capacity of an Internal Ombudsman with regards to dealing with public complaints.
How do you lodge a complaint?
- Your complaint can be made either by email, letter, telephone, face to face or any other means provided. Information received will be treated with confidentiality as much as can be applied.
- If a complaint can be resolved at the initial point of contact by the Ombudsman mentioned below, the results are recorded on a Complaint Form and the action is closed.
- The Companies will have a period of six weeks from the date of receipt of a complaint to investigate and notify the complainant as to the results of the investigation.
- If the Companies determine that the complaint cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the Complainant, it shall so indicate to the complainant in writing in a letter, referred to as the Final Position Letter.
- The Final Position Letter should provide the complainant with the mailing address of the Bank of Guyana and the name of the official in the Bank to whom the complaint should be forwarded.
What role do the Regulators play in this process?
If a complainant is not satisfied with the resolution of the Ombudsman, they then have the right to request the Bank of Guyana to conduct further investigations. The Bank will investigate any complaint received from a consumer, provided it has a copy of the Final Position Letter and the relevant correspondence forwarded from the Complainant as stipulated by Section 159, subsection 4 of the Insurance Act 2016.
Please see the contact information for the Ombudsman below
|Ms. Coleen Heeralal
|Lot 133 Church Street
|Monday through Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
|(592) 226-7090 / 225-9674 / 226-7052 / 225-7338